Welcome to Broken Reality.

Please sign in or create an account. Registration is free and grants you the ability to contact other users, post and create new topics.
Welcome to Broken Reality.

Please sign in or create an account. Registration is free and grants you the ability to contact other users, post and create new topics.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?

Go down 
+6
nikki
m.mahi82
newgold
helma
Rubber Pixels
Tango
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Tango
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie
Tango

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-10-15

What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Empty
PostSubject: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:23 pm

So what is the most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual present you've ever got?

On my birthday my mother bought me a packet of dirty playing cards as a joke. When she actually looked at them, I think she was shocked at how dirty they were.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brokenreality.rpg-board.net
Rubber Pixels
Administrator

Rubber Pixels

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-10-15

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2008 5:26 pm

Last Christmas my parents had bough me an electric guitar. When I came to open it, it turned out to be a pink Barbie bike. Obviously this gift had been sent to the wrong house.
Back to top Go down
https://brokenreality.rpg-board.net
helma
Forum Addict

Forum Addict

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 11:26 am

There's nothing worse than being presented with a terrible Christmas or birthday gift (unless it's realising that you've just given one).

The enormous social pressure surrounding gift giving means that getting it wrong (as we all occasionally do) is incredibly stressful and awkward. The rules of politeness suggest that a gift must always be accepted and social norms encourage us to feign delight. There may be reasons why women seem to be better and a little more practised at this art than their male counterparts.

So what do you do with the unlovable gift: the one you'll never use in a million years, the one that makes you wonder if the giver knows you at all and the one that is exactly like the two you already have in the cupboard - and you didn't like them either.
----------------
Cosmetic Surgery | Boob Job
Back to top Go down
helma
Forum Addict

Forum Addict

Number of posts : 109
Registration date : 2010-05-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:25 am

A friend decided I could do with some sealing wax and a seal, for whatever reason. He also thought my other friend could do with a Qu'ran. He's Atheist, so I don't know why he thought it'd be a good gift for Christmas.

They're not embarrassing, but they don't' come immediately to mind if you say the words "Christmas present".

Actually, looking over all the weird purchases my friend has made, I'm beginning to get worried.
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-05

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Last Christmas my friends had bough me an piano.
Abi Titmuss Famous Quotes
Abi Titmuss Photos
Back to top Go down
m.mahi82
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-11-30

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm

When she actually looked at them, I think she was shocked at how dirty they were.
Back to top Go down
nikki
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Registration date : 2011-02-17

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:29 pm

They're not embarrassing, but they don't' come immediately to mind if you say the words "Christmas present".
Back to top Go down
flashdice
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 1:51 pm

I don't think I've ever had an embarrassing gift. Anything possibly considered embarrassing has either been expected or was very welcome. Usually I tell people what I want.
May just be I have boring friends.

Although if people want to send me something I'll video me opening them for your delight and entertainment.
Back to top Go down
kishoresen
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Registration date : 2011-03-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 5:46 am

There may be reasons why women seem to be better and a little more practised at this art than their male counterparts.
Back to top Go down
reemaada
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Registration date : 2011-03-24

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:05 pm

they don't' come immediately to mind if you say the words "Christmas present
Back to top Go down
shreeenergy
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I don't think I've ever had an embarrassing gift. Anything possibly considered embarrassing has either been expected or was very welcome. Usually I tell people what I want.
May just be I have boring friends.

http://www.ubbnetwork.com/ Buy or Sell a Business
Back to top Go down
shreeenergy
Forum Newbie

Forum Newbie

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-12-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 2:48 pm

the one you'll never use in a million years, the one that makes you wonder if the giver knows you at all and the one that is exactly like the two you already have in the cupboard - and you didn't like them either.

installment loan lenders
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?   What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your most embarrassing/unwanted/unusual gift?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Broken Reality Lounge :: General Discussion-
Jump to: